In-School STEAM Workshops
Powerful In-School STEAM Workshops to Improve Student Problem Solving and Critical Thinking Skills
The Bricks 4 Kidz In-School STEAM Workshops, utilises the love students have for LEGO® to deliver hands-on lessons related to cross-disciplinary curriculum objectives.
Screened and trained Bricks 4 Kidz instructors work closely with teachers to bring STEAM concepts into the classroom. The proprietary models and lesson plans are designed to harness the power of intrinsic motivation within students by ensuring learning is multi-sensory, imaginative, and fun. The curriculum has been adapted from the global curriculum to focus on the New Zealand curriculum key competencies and core values.
The programme includes an introduction to coding fundamentals using LEGO® WeDo 2.0 and MINDSTORMS® EV3 to teach important critical thinking skills that will inspire future problem-solvers.
A variety of tailored themes are available to match with the current school curriculum:
- Architecture & Engineering
- Forces & Motion
- Simple Machines
- Interesting Inventions
- Natural Resources & Energy
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
- and much more
Educational and Development Benefits Include:
- Build problem-solving skills whilst providing an opportunity for creative expression and fostering an appreciation of how things work.
- Develop critical thinking skills through design thinking processes
- Explore STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Maths) concepts by utilising multiple learning modalities to engage visual, kinaesthetic and auditory learning styles. Different kids learn in different ways!
- Develop social and emotional skills such as patience, teamwork and communication in the process of completing a project in a noncompetitive setting
- Improve fine-motor skills as children manipulate small components and objects
To enquire about Bricks 4 Kidz In-School Workshops, please contact us at 0800 LEGO 4 K (534 645) (Select option 1) or email firstname.lastname@example.org for available dates, times and a catalogue of themes.