Online STEAM ProgrammeTerm 4: October - December 2021
Bricks 4 Kidz® Term 4 Online Programmes build on the universal popularity of LEGO® Bricks to deliver Hands-on STEAM Learning. Each class is a fun, enriching experience for your child. Experience the world of science, engineering, architecture and technology with Bricks 4 Kidz. Stay safe and keep the fun going online!
Hands-on STEAM Education with LEGO® Bricks
Empowering students’ problem solving and creativity with Bricks 4 Kidz’s hands-on STEAM programmes. Each lesson focus on topics such as science, physics and engineering, giving children opportunities to apply what they’ve learned to hands-on projects. At Bricks 4 Kidz we allow children to follow their creative direction and inspire them to unleash their imagination. In our diverse selection of virtual classes students are inspired and empowered.
Watch our online classes in action:
Laws of Physics: Bricks in Motion (6+)
This is an engaging introductory hands-on STEAM solution that encourages students to discover physical science in action. Our friendly teachers facilitate our student’s learning through guided lesson plans which foster our students finding their “Eureka moments” in understanding the Laws of Physics.
This programme uses the LEGO® Education BricQ Motion Essential for ages 6+ and LEGO® Education BricQ Motion Prime for ages 9+. Student learning sets will be provided to our students, so that they may build along with us and experience kinesthetic learning to ground their understanding of Force, Motion and Interactions.
- Hands-on STEAM learning
- Experiment with force and motion
- Discover physical science in action
- FREE complementary BricQ Motion student learning set ($6 shipping cost applies)
- All current classes are fully booked. Due to popular demand, 2 new classes will open from Week 3 (6 weeks lesson). Enrol Now!
- Watch a class in action
The Bricks 4 Kidz Virutal AI Coding programme build on the success of ReadyAi (US) curriculum and provide children with a enriching learning experience, to learn the Five Big Ideas in AI and Six Artificial Intelligent Applications through real-life projects, gain ideas of how to use Artificial Intelligent technology to improve our lives, and inspire them to become young problem solvers and innovators of tomorrow.
By coding the virtual AI robot, students will learn computational thinking and programming while learning AI technology.
- Introduction to AI software
- Logical project based programming and coding
- Design thinking process
- Problem solving and Critical thinking
- Students are required to use a computer or lap top for coding.
- All current classes are fully booked.
Solving XYZ (Pre-school, 5-6)
Monday – Friday (Age 4-5) | Monday – Friday (Age 5-6)
In our Solving XYZ classroom, based on the Six Bricks Pedagogy, we build up students’ numeracy skills in order to solve spatial puzzles and use LEGO Duplo as hands-on manipulatives to develop an understanding of abstract mathematical concepts.
We develop student’s spatial awareness, through patterning, symmetry and 3D builds that put our student’s engineering skills to the test.
- Utilising the Six Bricks as hands-on manipulatives to develop an understanding of abstract mathematical concepts.
- Build numeracy and problem solving skills
- Explore spatial awareness through patterning and 3D design skills
- This programme aims to build a firm mathematics foundation for our students. Using LEGO® as a tactile and visual tool to solve and express the mathematics challenges creates a positive “I can do this” attitude towards mathematics.
- FREE complementary 6 Bricks learning set ($6 shipping cost applies)
- New classes will open from Week 3 (6 weeks lesson). Enrol Now!
This course offers an introduction to the fundamentals of 3D design and 3D modelling for students aged 6+ years old. This class gives students a great tool to connect their creativity with technology.
Guided by Bricks 4 Kidz friendly teacher, students work on hands-on 3D design projects and build up confidence and skills using Computer-Aided Design (CAD) software (Studio 2.0) to create their designs, learn and explore 3D design tips every week!
Virtual 3D Design Class aims to develop Children’s:
- CAD (Computer-Aided Design) Skills
- Introduction to 3D design software
- Problem-solving skills
- Spatial skills
Architecture Around the World (5+)
Join us as we travel back in time to discover architectural marvels across the globe. In each lesson we will uncover the the history, discuss how technology available at that time changes how building were built, and explore Architectural and Engineering principles behind the landmark.
This learning is reinforced through a LEGO Building Challenge, where the students become the architect of their own masterpieces, and present their build to the class, aiming to develop a student’s own creative solutions and build on the students’ presentation skills.
- Explore history and technology
- Explore engineering and architectural principles
- Inspire creativity, imagination and visual perception
- Improve presentation skills and confidence in speech
- Develop social and communication skills
- Students are required to have random assortment of LEGO® bricks (ice-cream container size)
Each lesson provides kids with a new scientific vocabulary. Lessons that focus on topics such as laws of motion, employ the concept of physical science, requiring children to apply what they’ve learned to their hands-on projects.
Technology implements the use of science to invent and problem solve. Children use their creativity and analytical skills to discover viable solutions to problems presented at the start of each lesson.
Engineering uses the practical application of science to design and create. Although they may not realize it, kids use engineering skills to construct models, such as simple machines, vehicles, architecture buildings, etc.
Arts provides children with the opportunity to design, develop, construct and implement their innovative ideas. At Bricks 4 Kidz we allow children to follow their creative direction and inspire them to unleash their imagination.
Children are given the opportunity to invariably utilise math skills as they count, measure and build with LEGO® Bricks. Students build numeracy and problem solving skills through abstract mathematical concepts.