Video Game Design & Coding
Students will develop a range of coding and problem solving skills as they create fun video games. Each game progressively teaches more advanced capabilities within the video game design software, Students will be proud and excited to acutally play their very own completed video games.
Bring LEGO® Bricks to life with coding! The ability to code is a key component of technology education today. Our coding programmes will teach students important strategies to enhance their logic and problem-solving skills, as well as help them work toward becoming technologies innovators of tomorrow.
Our programmes offer skills level progression of coding concepts as students advance through multiple levels from beginner through advanced. Students will build models with LEGO® Education’s WeDo 2.0 or EV3 elements, then control their models with the codes they write.
Educational Benefits of Video Game Design & Coding
- Students develop a key skill in technology education today
- Students will develop a range of coding and problem-solving skills
- Students develop rudimentary computer programming skills
- Student learn basic computer skills (navigating through folders, uploading files, drag-and-drop with mouse, keyboard use, etc.)
- Students practice logic and problem-solving skills
- Students work toward becoming technological innovators
- Programme follows a skill level progression of coding concepts so students advance through multiple levels from beginner through advanced.
- Software is easy to learn and user-friendly
- LEGO models – engineering/architecture
- Utilizes LEGO® Education’s WeDo or EV3 elements, so students control their models with the codes they write.
- Game designers will think creatively, reason systematically, and work collaboratively
- Sense of accomplishment and pride